Circumcision London: Circumcision clinic for newborn babies 2-3 weeks, up to 6 months, in London
Dr Martin Harris: circumcision of newborn babies 2-3 weeks, up to 6 months
- Specialist in newborn baby circumcision procedures
- Baby boys ideally aged 2-3 weeks, up to 6 months
- Practises at the Circumcision London clinic, based in Golders
Mohel for Jewish religious circumcision (Bris Milah or Brit Milah)
- Specialist in circumcision
and Haemophilia C factor XI deficiency
- Interest & experience in hypospadias
What is a circumcision?
Families that choose, through tradition, to perform newborn baby boy circumcision from generation to generation continue to do so for social and cultural reasons. In Dr Harris’ experience, such families have now decided to seek a medical doctor with specialist experience in circumcision who will work with expertise, competence and personalised care.
- The word circumcision means removal of the foreskin and the
edges heal together
- The procedure is performed as a day case in the clinic or at
- Dr Harris gives a local anaesthetic cream (not injection)
and also oral paracetamol by mouth
- The sterile surgical operation is very quick usually taking
a few moments
- On rare occasions dissolvable stitches are used
- A follow-up appointment is arranged for the following
day after the procedure - NOT Saturday
A Circumcision Mohel certified in Bris Milah in Golders Green, London
Dr Martin Harris (BPharm, MB BS, LRCP, MRCS, MRCGP, Fellow of RSM) is a specialist in Circumcision in London and Mohel for Bris Milah based in London. He is experienced in circumcision the majority of his practice is on newborn babies in the clinic or at home.
Dr Harris does not use the Plastibell or ring. He has the necessary skills and experience both to perform the operation and use appropriate measures, including anaesthesia, to minimise pain and discomfort.
Jewish circumcision service in London
Mohel circumcision service - Bris Milah (Brit Milah)
The person who performs the Bris is called a 'Mohel'. He is a specialist surgeon with special expertise in Jewish ritual circumcision, not just a doctor or surgeon.
By having the Bris performed by a qualified Mohel, one is assured that the entire procedure is acceptable to Biblical and Halachic (Jewish law) standards, and performed in a medically competent manner.
What else do I need to know about circumcision for my baby?
At your initial consultation or contact you will be encouraged to discuss all aspects of the procedure with Dr Harris. This will enable you to make your decision knowing exactly what is involved.
Costs of circumcision in London
Dr Harris operates a fixed cost price scheme for circumcision which includes consultation, pre-operative assessment, circumcision procedure and post-operative care including follow up appointment package - £395.